"Cage the badger and he will try to break from his prison and regain his native hole. Chain the eagle to the ground - he will strive to gain his freedom, and though he fails, he will lift his head and look up at the sky which is home - and we want to return to our mountains and plains, where we used to plant corn, wheat and beans."


-- Written by a Navajo in 1865


Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Sandia Mountains/Indian Pueblo Cultural Center

I am really enjoying myself so far in New Mexico. The sights that I saw over the past two days was truly fascinating and exciting to see and I have been able to keep an open mind. I got to experience the Sandia Mountain Tram and be at an altitude that was over 10,400 ft. The views were spectacular although it was rather cold and windy. Today, I had a good time at the Indian Pueblo Cultural Center and I look forward for experiences similar to or better than the past two days. Cheers!

-Nick Bilynsky

No comments:

Post a Comment