"Cage the badger and he will try to break from his prison and regain his native hole. Chain the eagle to the ground - he will strive to gain his freedom, and though he fails, he will lift his head and look up at the sky which is home - and we want to return to our mountains and plains, where we used to plant corn, wheat and beans."


-- Written by a Navajo in 1865


Sunday, May 29, 2011

Sauerkraut.

Today, I woke up and after getting dressed (in my red shorts... I did not mention this in my previous posts, but I have been wearing the same jean shorts every.single.day.this.trip... its pretty sanitary I think) and all packed, I dawned my cowboy hat and aviators and went down to get breakfast with the girls :). 
I took my camel pack as well (the backpack filled with water that you suck out through a tube).. after filling it, I tried some and it tasted like gasoline.
apparently its mold.
YUMMY. 

We went drove two hours to hike the Bandelier Trail. IT WAS AWESOMMMEEE
.......
Well, I mean... I took two steps, and basically passed out from exhaustion. (it MUST be the altitude.. it couldn't POSSIBLY be the fact that while my friends are working out in the hotel gym, I am taking the elevator to the hotel's dining hall, while also chowing down on the complimentary cookies they offer......... yea. ). 
....
After hiking, or moseying rather, the trail, we went to the restaurant by the visitor's center, and I rewarded myself with a hot dog, french fries, a bag of chips, a side of guacamole, and a side of sauerkraut.  It was fantastic. 
......

Then we went back to the hotel, to get ready to eat again..
Now I am blogging :)
Love.
M

No comments:

Post a Comment