"Cage the badger and he will try to break from his prison and regain his native hole. Chain the eagle to the ground - he will strive to gain his freedom, and though he fails, he will lift his head and look up at the sky which is home - and we want to return to our mountains and plains, where we used to plant corn, wheat and beans."


-- Written by a Navajo in 1865


Friday, May 27, 2011

It's Friday, Friday, Gotta Get Down on Friday...

Enchilada.
Enchilada is the only word that can properly describe my day.
Enchiladas....and Burritos... and Meat. And Carbs.Carbs.Carbs.CARBS.CARBS....

Today for breakfast, I ate a tiny muffin :)... and then I had three more. :D
Then we went on the bus to the plaza. and I bought a ring.. or two... okay.. I bought four of them. But then we were walking about annnddd...
HAYLEY AND I SAW A WOMAN WHO WAS SHORTER THAN US!!!!!!! (I am 4 foot 10, soo it is always an accomplishment to meet someone, and not be able to see his or her boogers up his or her nose...)

We went to two different museums today. One of them was exhibiting a "Puberty Dress.". . . . . (yeaaa.a.....)

and the other a very interesting woman who taught us how to weave. It was very educational.

Anyways.... We then went to lunch and I had the most delicious fried carbohydrate puff ball of yumminess EVER.

I put honey on it. It was delicious.
...I may or may not dream about it tonight....
That and the gorgeous man I saw in the hotel lobby about 20 minutes ago. (dot..dot..dot...).

I also bought a cowboy hat today. It was only SIX DOLLARS (talk about a bargain!!!)

But before dinner, and after the purchase of the hat, Jess and I went to the pool (that is 5 feet deep in the DEEP end.. soo its more like an over sized bathtub), and as I was peacefully resting in the warm New Mexico Air, I opened my eyes for a brief moment and saw a small man (about 5'3 I would guesstimate) with a long triangular beard, throwing his body (yes.. THROWING his body) into the water. After frolicking for about 6 minutes, and successfully soaking me with water in the midst of his euphoric leg spasming, (mind you, I was NOT in a bathing suit, sooo I was NOT happy...), he climbed out of the pool, hopped up and down like he was warming up for some sort of marathon...and then he left....... yea.

I had flan today. It was yummy... but jiggly. and gross..and mushy.
and I had an enchilada...which has lead to about 5 enchilada babies brewing in my belly as we speak... but it was TOTALLY WORTH IT.
Soo All in all, I had a very educational day :)
My waistline just about doubled in size, I bought a cowboy hat... andddd I was fortunate enough to witness a tiny leprechaun swimming in an oversized puddle.
M :)

P.S. I LOVE JOHNATHAN (aka: my new boyfriend)... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment