"Cage the badger and he will try to break from his prison and regain his native hole. Chain the eagle to the ground - he will strive to gain his freedom, and though he fails, he will lift his head and look up at the sky which is home - and we want to return to our mountains and plains, where we used to plant corn, wheat and beans."


-- Written by a Navajo in 1865


Thursday, May 26, 2011

Do You Know The Way To Santa Fe

Known as the land of enchantment, New Mexico is famous for its spectacular history and beautiful scenery. I have visited with my family once before, however we did not visit the Sandia Mountains on our past trip. Just that one stop on our trip made my entire unit worthwhile. I have never witnessed such beauty in all of my life and the feeling of the wind blasting at my face was incredible. A day earlier i had listened to the song "Higher" by Creed where the lyrics go something like "Can you take me higher to a place where blind men see can you take me higher to a place with golden streams" It was almost like a divine intervention taking place on that mountain. As if the lyrics to Creed's masterpiece had been answered.

1 comment:

  1. Jake:
    Happy Birthday! Hope you are having a great time! Love, MiMi and Pa Jim

    ReplyDelete