"Cage the badger and he will try to break from his prison and regain his native hole. Chain the eagle to the ground - he will strive to gain his freedom, and though he fails, he will lift his head and look up at the sky which is home - and we want to return to our mountains and plains, where we used to plant corn, wheat and beans."


-- Written by a Navajo in 1865


Thursday, June 2, 2011

Blog Fail

I'm sitting in a Super 8 motel room right now.
...
It's been three days since I have last blogged, and with these past few days, I have made a few conclusions:
1) I am so happy that I decided to bring a hiking back pack
2) I need to buy underwear

.....
Three days ago, we arrived at Ruth's. As my fellow Unit members, painfully lugged their roley suitcases (TEHHEHEHEHEHEE) through the sand, I snickered as I skipped about, giggling to myself about how fantastic of a traveller I am.
....
Then we slept in a Hogan.




Or, rather, we squeezed ourselves into a small wooden hut with a mud floor.
I violated Hayley Diverio more that night than I think I have my entire life, and then woke up with a small island worth of sand up my nose.
...
The following night, I slept a little TOO close to Ms. McGrover (If Jason is reading this, then yes, Jason. You should be jealous.) ... 
**Jason: Fiance. 
...
After we finished up with the Hogan, we drove to another motel.
...
When I unpacked I realized that I lost my underwear bag.
..............
I then proceeded to wash my one and ONLY pair underwear in the sink with shampoo. andI blew it dry with the hotel's blow dryer for about 30 minutes. 
(GOOD STUFF.) 
mind you, I packed about every pair of underwear I owned, sooo I guess I have some serious shopping to do when I get home....
We had a 7-hour bus ride.
I bought a giant sombrero. 

Then we got to the Super 8. Again, I was elated at my choice of luggage. 
Hayley was huffing and puffing up the Super 8 stairs with her MASSIVE SUITCASE. 
and I was just trotting along, mocking EVERYONE ELSE...
After we got to the Super 8, and saw just how UNsuper it was....
:D 
Jess and I sought out a washer and dryer.
Because those shorts I've been wearing. and sweating in.. every day have yet to be washed.
The man at the counter at the Super 8 had swear stains big enough to bathe a small family.....
It was a sight to see..
The End.

M

No comments:

Post a Comment